Influencing and developing
AAAMD will be working with multiple stakeholders to increase investments and drive research to bring interventions for early AMD. This will include both traditional sectors such as academia, pharmaceutics, clinicians, policy makers and regulators, as well as emerging sectors such as data industry.
We will act as:
• A catalyst for effective collaboration between industry, academia, government, research councils and foundations
• A facilitator in raising and coordinating the necessary research and development funding
• A sustainable partnership of equally focused people and organisations
• A driver in building a pipeline of therapeutic approaches which will be in early-stage clinical trials by 2027
• An expert thought-leader in AMD patient need, research and development